The boss is opening his checkbook ...

Subject: The boss is opening his checkbook ...
From: Patty Ewy <pewy -at- ICONTROL -dot- ANZA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 11:24:24 -0600

... and he says he's gonna buy me a new printer! Yeeee-haw! There'll be
dancing on the streets tonight!

The catch is, we don't have a printer chosen yet. I am looking for
something that can be used on a network that supports both PCs and
Macintoshes and that can produce high-resolution (600dpi would be
acceptable) resolution on duplexed pages, and fast.

Right now we have a Compaq Pagemarq 15 (sp?) and while it can churn the
pages out fairly quickly, it cannot keep up with the loads we are sending
it. (It is the sole printer for an office of about 85 employees, and the
developers are all testing the reports portion of the software now ....
eek! I can hear the trees falling from here!)

Can anyone point me to an especially good choice (or warn me about a poor
one)? Thanks much for any advice you can offer.

Patty Ewy
pewy -at- icontrol -dot- anza -dot- com