Re: Resume Scanning

Subject: Re: Resume Scanning
From: Wolf Lahti <wduby -at- TECHCENTER -dot- PACCAR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 07:36:41 -0800

And Sue Gallagher said:

>...Because some of the words you'd want to use in your
>keyword section may not appear in the resume.

>For example, you might say, "Design, create, and maintain
>paper-based and online documentation for stamafragit software."
>Nowhere in that sentence do you mention software like FrameMaker
> or RoboHelp... [and so forth]

This simply begs the question of why you didn't put those elements in the
body of your resume to begin with. The whole point of resume writing is to
list your skills, and listing *which* software you have experience with is
so fundamental to this that the idea of having to add a special 'index'
section to do so suggests you didn't do the base resume right. Make your
resume do its job right; don't try to fix it with a patch-on.

"I hate quotations."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson