Re: Tech Writing Job Stress

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Job Stress
From: Paul Tremblay <pault -at- CGC -dot- NS -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 14:18:20 -0400

What the heck! It's Friday.

<Unlurk>Being challenged places one under stress. If one is equipped to deal
with the challenge (the firefighter or hospital trauma centre worker), the
experience is rewarding. If, on the other hand, one is continually presented
with challenges that one is not equipped to deal with (the social worker,
writer, secretary who has been given neither the required resources nor
power), the experience is frustrating and the *unrelieved* stress caused
physiological and psychological harm. The question is not so much one of the
degree of stress, but rather the ability to respond to that stress.</Unlurk>
--
Paul Tremblay <pault -at- cgc -dot- ns -dot- ca>
Instructor, Canadian Coast Guard College