writing own resume

Subject: writing own resume
From: Daniel Fierro <dfierro -at- ST6000 -dot- SCT -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 1995 10:54:31 -0500

Since I entered the technical writing arena from the writing side and not
the technical side, I guess
I feel writers should be able to write their own resumes.

Technicians, who often make excellent technical writers in their own area
of technical expertise,
would need help in writing a document outside of their expertise, such as
a marketing piece,
which is what a resume is.

I can write poetry, fiction, ad copy, news copy, resumes, and "spin" for
the "doctors." This makes
me marketable in the end-user niche of technical writing.

I work with technicians who specialize in technical writing who can also
program, network, repair,
and design technology. This makes them marketable in the technician-user
niche of technical
writing.

I would not expect the same focus or output from a technical technical
writer as I would from a
technical writer writer.

Dan Fierro
dfierro -at- lanier -dot- com