Conversion software

Subject: Conversion software
From: John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 14:20:23 -0500

I do proposals for a large telecommunications company and part of the process
of creating those proposals is to incorporate electronic information that I
receive from various sources.

My platform is Word. Unfortunately, not everyone else uses Word and they send
me information in any number of formats.

I also have Frame and WordPerfect, but sometimes I'll get output that's not
compatible with them and even when it is, I loose much of the formatting
information in the translation, such as headers and footers, font, cross
references, graphics, tables, etc., with graphics and tables being the biggest
pains in the ....

I'm aware of three softwares made just for conversion; DataViz Conversions
Plus, MasterSoft Word for Word and Inso QuickView Plus.

I'd like some input on preferences between those three, and suggestions for any
others. Compatibility between Word and FrameMaker would be a major plus.
Right now, as far as I can tell, Word for Word is the only one that handles
FrameMaker MIF files.

John Posada
Technical Writer
Bell Communications Research, Piscataway, NJ
(908) 699-5839 (W)
jposada -at- notes -dot- cc -dot- bellcore -dot- com (W)
jposada -at- bs -dot- camba -dot- com (H)
I don't speak for my employer and they return the favor