Re: small caps and acronyms

Subject: Re: small caps and acronyms
From: Pat Madea <madea -at- MMSI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 13:05:17 MST

Interesting question, Stacey...

>Do you (should I) "true" cap the first letter of the acronym or keep the
entire
>acronym small-capped and let the sentence start with the small cap?
(Rewriting
>isn't an option.)

To keep the acronym together, so to speak, I'd probably try writing
the whole acronym in all "true" caps and not just "true" cap the first
letter when the acronym is the first word of a sentence.

Otherwise, keep to your convention and, when an acronym starts a
sentence, keep the whole acronym all small cap.

Stay with one or the other. As I once heard, albeit in a different
context, never mix, never worry. <g>

madea // madea -at- mmsi -dot- com