New Freelance Writer - Any Tips?

Subject: New Freelance Writer - Any Tips?
From: Marie Clear <Mclear3000 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 19:53:28 -0500

I've literally just decided to become an independent business
woman, as my former company gave its employees the opportunity
of a lifetime -- layoffs.

I've already got some consulting work looming (if all goes well in
an upcoming interview) but I'd love some advice from other independents:

How do you estimate projects?
How often do you bill?
How do you itemize your hours for clients?
If you write HTML, do you have to know how to script for forms?
If you write user documents, do you *have* to use Frame- or Pagemaker?

Any advice would be great, since I'm only now entering my
Dave-Barry-esque anxiety stage.

See you guys,
Marie

Marie Clear