A request re: job postings

Subject: A request re: job postings
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 23:31:14 GMT

-> Any number of times I've salivated over openings in...well, California,
-> mostly, only to learn upon contacting the company in question that they
-> were not interesting in international applicants (read, in most cases:
-> Canadians).

You need to read up on NAFTA, and assure your prospective US employers
that they can indeed legally employ Canadians (or Mexicans, I would
imagine) in certain key "professional" occupations.

Call the INS at your nearest border crossing for a list of occupations
on the "visiting professionals" list (it's subject to change from time
to time), and arm yourself with that information when you apply for
postings in any NAFTA member country.

The visa is extremely easy to obtain, it's renewable indefinitely (last
time I checked), and does not require a Green Card or any other normal
immigration procedures.

I'm one Canadian who escaped to California, palm trees, warm winters,
cute surfers <g>, lower taxes (at least by Canadian standards), more
money (ditto), and a business climate much more friendly to
entrepreneurship. They make this WAY too easy ...

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
http://www.mustang.com ftp://ftp.mustang.com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500