System will not read my disk

Subject: System will not read my disk
From: Suzanne Schoenfeld <scho -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 08:49:33 -0800

Hi. I have a question I was hoping someone could help me with.

I am working on a business plan for a local company (offsite). We
frequently exchange disks containing drafts, documentation, etc. The
company uses Macs, and I have a Gateway 486. We're both using Word and
there haven't been any conversion problems.

Recently, however, someone gave me a disk containing a Word 4 document
that he'd written on his Mac IIsi (I'm pretty sure this is the model).
When I tried to open the document on one of the other Macs, the system
refused to read the disk. I got a message that said "Cannot read disk"
(or something like that).

I took it home, and tried to open the document on my system (Windows
3.1, Word 6). Again, I could not read the disk. I got a message that
said "The disk in Drive A is not formatted."

I really need to copy this document on my system. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Suzanne Schoenfeld
scho -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com