Aerospace - two or three areas!

Subject: Aerospace - two or three areas!
From: "Cheverie, Paul [Cont]" <paul -dot- cheverie -at- GPO -dot- CANADA -dot- CDEV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 18:39:00 EST

Rick Lippincott said:

>If you're interested in working in aerospace, you'll find that you're
limited
>to Los Angeles and two or three other areas of the country.

Not to mention the aerospace vehicles, components and systems
manufacturers in Florida, Kansas, Arizona, Washington (state and DC), the
New England states, Texas, Michigan, Illinois, Oregon, Utah, Nebraska,
Alaska, etc., etc.
Or in Canada: Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia, Ontario, New
Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

Don't sell this industry short. The aerospace industry is very wide
spread throughout Canada and the United States. There aren't many states or
provinces that don't have some sort of activity in the aerospace industry
that Tech Writers are involved in. The aerospace industry involves an awful
lot of sub-industries like weapons systems, aerospace vehicles/structures,
avionics, navigation systems, satalites, orbital vehicles, plastics,
electrical/electronics, thermodynamics research, etc., etc. Most of the
fields in the aerospace industry use the skills of technical writers. And,
it is suprising, how many of the fields require the same or similar skill
sets. There are thousands of companies throughout the world involved in the
aerospace industry, on every continent (except Antarctica).

Paul C.
paul -dot- cheverie -at- gpo -dot- canada -dot- cdev -dot- com