Re: Gender differences

Subject: Re: Gender differences
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 1995 21:57:32 PST

On Sat, 18 Nov 1995 15:42:07 -0800 you wrote:

>My study partner and I discussed the different ways we
>approached problems. We decided that it was a male/female
>thing because none of the men used my approach. Would
>another woman have had the same approach? I don't know.

Haven't you learned anything from Home Improvement? Women will always look
for the most intelligent, elegant, subtle solution to a problem.

Men, on the other hand, naturally gravitate toward the solution that makes the
most noise, leaves the biggest mess, and gets them the most recognition (read:
notoriety). Solutions involving large amounts of explosives or incendiaries
are also quite popular.

Tim Allen has it aaaaaaall figured out :-)

>btw, my study partner and I both got As in the class;
>he became a CPA.

And you're just a writer? So what's your excuse? <ducking and running> :-)

>How does this relate to tech writing? If nothing else,
>I believe it illustrates the benefit of teamwork which
>encourages various points of view.

Amen!

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN E-mail soundy -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.nextlevel.com/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446