Oops!

Subject: Oops!
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 1995 10:27:58 -0800

Whirlers,

A couple of Alert Posters (to paraphrase Dave Barry) noticed that in
one of my asides about correct apostrophe usage in a recent post I
actually used the apostrophe incorrectly.

Ooops -- they were right.

According to Strunk and White, the correct way to create a possessive
out of a proper noun ending in "s" is with "'s" (e.g., Gwen Barnes's)
not simply "'" as I wrote.

The wet noodle bearers have come and gone and my back is appropriately
starchy. Sister Mary Rose and her Ruler of Death evidently did not
teach me as much grammar as I thought! <g>

--
Bonni Graham
Manual Labour