Need input for career decisions

Subject: Need input for career decisions
From: tscom 01 fl95 Thury <tscom012 -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 19:52:34 -0500

For the past seven years, I've made a career of providing service and
training documentation for electromechanical equipment and its
accompanying control software. I really enjoy doing this kind of
work; the mechanics and electronics involved are fascinating and I see
a challenge in providing useful, understandable documentation.

My career questions revolve around the other documenters I meet (mostly
STC members) and the projects that they are involved in. Almost everyone
I talk to is strictly into software or telecommunications documentation.
They warn me that I'm backing myself into a corner by concentrating on
electromechanical hardware and encourage me to make a change.

What is your sense of the market? Will there be a continuing demand for
someone who wants to concentrate on electromechanical documentation or am
I fooling myself?

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Tony Pieri
TSCOM012 -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU