Computer Scanned resumes

Subject: Computer Scanned resumes
From: Frank Herwatt <Frank -dot- Herwatt -at- UCOP -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 08:38:47 -0800

Here on the West Coast, Northern California, it is becoming very popular to
scan resumes. I believe that the most important physical aspect is the
font. You should use a good scanning font type. But what is even more
important are the key words which are used to index the resumes. I would
recommend that as part of the resume, the students include a key word
section, which prelists all of the appropriate key words regarding skills
and education, rather than relying upon a data entry person to select all of
the appropriate key words from the resume.

Just a suggestion.

Frank -dot- Herwatt -at- ucop -dot- edu