Re: Freelancer's Guide

Subject: Re: Freelancer's Guide
From: Herman Holtz <holtz -at- PALTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 16:54:21 UNDEFINED

In article <476qg1$isl -at- news -dot- cis -dot- okstate -dot- edu>
Ronni -dot- Perry -at- dl-notes -dot- smtrw -dot- langate -dot- sprint -dot- com writes:

> the hottest consulting fields are -- prospects for growth, what you need
> to know to be considered expert in that field,

It is nearly impossible to define expertise, and even if you can, that is not
really what wins consulting contracts. Clients sign you when they come to
believe that you can deliver something of value for them---a government
contract, in my case, as a marketing consultant---but a direct benefit of some
sort. Forget about what it takes to be an expewrt, and focus on what you can
DO for clients. That is what they will buy. - Herm
***
Herman Holtz [holtz -at- paltech -dot- com], marketing consultant/freelance
writer. Author How to Succeed as an Independent Consultant, other
business books. Publisher of how-to reports. Email request for
free report on writing. Visit at http://www.crimson.com/em/