Re: Re. Legibility of colored text online

Subject: Re: Re. Legibility of colored text online
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 06:17:56 MST

Geoff Hart wrote-->
Some folks like reversing this to put white text on a black
background; I can't stand this personally, and find it like
reading reversed text in a magazine: too much noise, not
enough signal. YMMV! If you really like your black
background, why not try that amber/tangerine orange color
that they used to use with mainframe terminals? A colleague
once told me that the orange had been chosen for its
restful effect on the eyes; personally, I suspect that they
just chose that color because the phosphors were cheap.

For my email at home, I use black text on white background. But
here at work I use a black background with that amber/tangerine
orange color Geoff mentioned. The bright/intense attribute is
off, so the text color is more a muted brownish amber--not
bright at all. I do find it relaxing on my eyes.

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=