Re: Why I write AND design (long)

Subject: Re: Why I write AND design (long)
From: Donna Menk <Donna_Menk -at- PC -dot- RADIAN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 02:37:01 CDT

Kat:

Bravo! I couldn't agree more. I've had the same experiences you
outlined.

I remember the words of a mentor, who told me long, long ago:
"Form follows function."

Or was it "Function follows form"?

I dunno--I've slept since then.

I do know that when the "design" gets in the way of functionality,
you've got a big problem on your hands. I'm really fortunate that
I seem to have a good eye for design (and I'm usually the entire
project team when it comes to design, layout, illustration, writing,
editing, indexing...I needa raise!). Yeah, it's a lot of work. But
the satisfaction is tremendous when I get user feedback that the
manual has actually helped. Makes all those hats easier to wear,
y'know?

Regards,
Donna Menk

donna_menk -at- pc -dot- radian -dot- com