Re: couple of questions

Subject: Re: couple of questions
From: Peter Kent <71601 -dot- 1266 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 10:40:37 EST

>>We're under fire at work. Suddenly our boss thinks that tech writersought to
be able to read C and do telephony scripting using Commands.<<

I like this, it's quite a turnaround. In most companies the writers are the
lowest of the low; anyone can write technical manuals. (One CEO told my boss
that his twelve year old daughter could do what the writing department did!)

At this company, though, the writers have been elevated. It's the programmers
who are dimwits. Hell, anyone can learn C (in 21 days, too!). The programmers
are clearly overpaid.

Peter Kent

Peter Kent: 71601 -dot- 1266 -at- compuserve -dot- com, 303-989-1869
Coming soon, an updated and revised Technical Writer's Freelancing
Guide. E-mail for more information. Comments/suggestions welcome.