Human side of techwhirling: refs. needed

Subject: Human side of techwhirling: refs. needed
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 10:31:25 LCL

Greets, folks! I'm in need of a good textbook or two, and I
know where to turn for help <grin>. Mom H. is setting up a
course on the interpersonal communications aspects of
technical writing (e.g., team building, listening skills,
organisational psychology, and all that good stuff), so
naturally she turned to her dutiful son for the straight
goods. I've been providing my feel for how things work,
based on my own experience (and yours, as expressed on this
list!) but Mom needs to recommend a textbook on this
subject to accompany the course. Any suggestions? To save
space, please reply directly to me and I'll summarize to
the list. Reminder: The book is for starving students, not
overfed techwhirlers <grin> so inexpensive is a good
criterion if you have two otherwise comparable
alternatives.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of our
reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.