Re: Division of information

Subject: Re: Division of information
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 08:00:55 EST

You have asked a wonderful question. The best answer would be to conduct a
target audience assessment and needs evaluation before you begin to design your
information system. We have found that our users want procedural information
online, in the form of Help, which is preferably context sensitive. The reason
for this is that our users are familiar with the manual functions and the
concepts behind them, but want to know how to use the automated system.

We provide conceptual information in the printed document, which will be
distributed electronically through Adobe Acrobat. This provides the users the
opportunity to view it onscreen right away, or print it later. I hope that
this helps.

David Dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com@Internet
This has been one man's opinion, yours may vary with mileage.