Re: Context ID calling a Topic as a Popup

Subject: Re: Context ID calling a Topic as a Popup
From: "Lindamood, Brad" <blindamood -at- DCA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 08:46:57 EST

Michael Melby writes:
>The current project on which I am working calls for context sensitive
>help for all fields in all dialogs. Of course, the manner in which 95
>deals with this situation is to display a popup. Does anyone out in
>"Help Land" know how to do this in 3.1 Help? I contacted Blue Sky and
>was told that it can be done, but it involves the programmer calling the
>Topic as a Popup - only they didn't inform me as to how the programmer
>does this call. Anybody out there know how - or have an elegant
>solution?

To display context-sensitive field Help as a popup, rather than
displaying the main Help window (for Windows 3.1), you must substitute
the HELP_CONTEXTPOPUP command in the Help call. Use this command in place
of HELP_CONTEXT or HELP_KEY commands, for example.

Remember, also, that any topic you call using this method must be
formatted as a popup topic (i.e., you cannot have a non-scrolling region
defined, etc.). If you normally describe a dialog box by means of a
segmented hypergraphic, your topics should already be set up to work just
fine.

Good luck!
____ ____
Brad Lindamood _____\/_____