Re. Patron of the arts

Subject: Re. Patron of the arts
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 13:06:17 LCL

Brad DeMond asked about the use of "mecene" to mean "patron
of the arts". Brad, the word does indeed exist in this
context (direct from the Latin), and is correct usage here
in French Quebec, but I'd never heard the term before.
"Bienfaiteur" (benefactor) might work better for some
audiences. Who will be reading this thing anyway?

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of our
reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.