email addresses

Subject: email addresses
From: "Smith, Amy" <Amy -dot- Smith -at- FMR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 12:19:00 -0400

To all techwhirlers-

Please include your email address with your signature! It makes life easier
for everyone. Your email address does not come through magically with your
messages! Our mail system is set up so that only the person's name appears
in the "From" field. The headers file that comes with the message contains
two return addresses: that of the listserv's and our firewall.

Case in point: I'd like to email Kris Olberg about her experience with BIG
Word6 docs, as we're all on the verge of nervous breakdowns dealing with
Master Documents, but I can't since her address wasn't included with her
message. (We taking up a collection for a field trip to Microsoft so we can
kidnap the person who developed the feature, bring him or her back here, and
make him or her fix our documents.)

I apologize if this is off-topic.

Thanks-
Amy Smith