Re: Internet resources for contractors?

Subject: Re: Internet resources for contractors?
From: Richard Foley <richard -at- INGLE -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 1995 19:53:55 +0000

In article <46reh4$i5q -at- news -dot- cis -dot- okstate -dot- edu>,
Mary Howe <howe -at- kuhub -dot- cc -dot- ukans -dot- edu> wrote:

>I have found the listings of Web pages, etc. that have been posted
>recently very interesting and helpful. But so far I haven't found
>anything aimed at contractors. Does anyone know of newsgroups,
>listserv lists, Web sites, etc. for contractors/consultants? I'm not
>necessarily just looking for tech writing resources, although that's my
>main interest. I also do editing, my husband does some desktop publishing
>for the bicycle industry, another person I know is
>considering getting into free-lance technical illustration, and my
>sister is a self-employed storyteller working out of her house.
>We're all looking for marketing information, suggestions on working from
>a home office, how to figure out pricing, etc.

I was also hoping this group would be quite useful...
Though I should add,like yourself, I find it is interesting & helpful.

It does seem to be mainly employed people, or is that just a perception?

If not, is that just the nature of the business?

It certainly seems to be 'in house', with technical illustration. I know
there are other freelancers out there, but _most_ appear to contract for a
single company which is hardly 'freelance' in it's purest form.
=:-0

If you hit upon a useful list/group or otherwise of technically orientated
contractors/consultants/etc. I'd be pleased to know.
:-)

Regards
Richard

Richard Foley, RFI Ingleton, UK richard -at- ingle -dot- demon -dot- co -dot- uk
Maintainer of the Technical Illustration FAQ; "Techill-FAQ"
http://www.demon.co.uk/rfi/index.html