Re. Using software your clients propose

Subject: Re. Using software your clients propose
From: Peter Kent <71601 -dot- 1266 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 18:01:40 EST

== Timothy Schablin reported that he lost a potential contract
because he lacked a copy of software that the client
demanded, and asked for advice.==

I didn't reply to his msg earlier, but I think I noticed that he said he'd
used PageMaker, though not much and not for a while. Was that right?

Anyway, here's a rule of thumb. If a client ever asks if you can use a
program, and if you can, simply answer "yes" and don't volunteer any
information that might suggest you haven't used it much.

And if you _haven't_ used the program? If your client asks if you can use it,
and you know you can quickly learn how to use it, say "yes." It's not a lie,
after all. (Now I'll get my head down and wait for the flak.)

Peter Kent