Re: X Windows under MS-Windows?

Subject: Re: X Windows under MS-Windows?
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 16:49:00 -0600

Is there any way to run the UNIX-based program
under Windows 3.11? It would make the process much easier. Purchasing
FrameMaker for UNIX has already been suggested and then ranked somewhere
below "drawing all the screen captures by hand using Windows Paint".

There is a lot of X-Windows software for the PC. Take a look on
ftp.sunsite.unc.edu (If I've misremembered the URL, subtract the "ftp." and try
it again). There's a pretty comprehensive collection of WinSock applications
there which will probably include an X package (I'm not current on what's there
-- so sue me, I use a Mac and MacX when I need X-Windows ;{>} ).

This is assuming you have a WinSock-compliant TCP stack already installed on
your PC, of course. If not, there are a lot of companies who sell them complete
with X software, so they'll be your best bet.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124