Re: Your position and Marketing

Subject: Re: Your position and Marketing
From: Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- CCN -dot- CS -dot- DAL -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 08:54:30 -0300

On Tue, 24 Oct 1995, Gretchen Toth wrote:

> How would you feel if out of the blue you were asked you to
> be on a 4-person team for the marketing of a new product?

When I worked for Easel Corp. in Boston as their tech writer, I was
*honored* to be a part of the marketing creative sessions. As a tech
writer I knew the product from the user's point of view, a perspective
lacking in the s/w engineers at the time. My input was valued and that's
what I need in a job, more than the money in the long run.

Successful companies seem to create better products by having
diversity on their various teams. That's my $0.02.

Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- ccn -dot- cs -dot- dal -dot- ca>