A few more resources

Subject: A few more resources
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 08:55:13 LCL

For those of us who occasionally have trouble making our
engineers understand why what we do matters, a recent Byte
article explains quite nicely why engineers can fail to
design a usable interface and how we can help. Show them a
copy of:

What you see: what you want? Dinah McNutt, Byte, November
1995, pages 88-89.

For those who are struggling to establish and maintain Web
pages, and wondering why there aren't better tools
available, there's a new product called "Hyper-G" that
looks very promising indeed. The product is a form of
database server that works with the major browsers and
makes it very simple to update hypertext links. A few other
interesting ideas there too, so well worth a read:

Hyper-G organizes the Web. Udo Flohr, Byte, November 1995,
pages 59-64.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of our
reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.