Re: Non-computer industry jobs

Subject: Re: Non-computer industry jobs
From: Herman Holtz <holtz -at- PALTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 1995 07:40:37 UNDEFINED

In article <199510171827 -dot- OAA07331 -at- mimir -dot- spicer -dot- com> Cathy McNair
<cmcnair -at- spicer -dot- com> writes:

>At the risk of getting flooded, I'm interested in hearing from folks who are
>NOT working at a computer software or hardware development firm, but in some
>other industry. I'd especially like to hear from people working (on a
>contract or permanent basis) for:

Among other things, I do contract projects for various kinds of businesses
and organizations, including government agencies. I am not sure just what kind
of accounts you want to know about, but here are a few assorted projects in
brief descriptions:

For the FAA: A report on their 22 safety engineering divisions and projects
For a sheet metal fabricators trade association: A manual on certain kinds
of work the members of the association do
For an advertising agency: Assistance with a proposal for a government
contract. (I specialize in proposals, have done them for many kinds of
organizations)
For a newsletter publisher: Articles on government small-business-assistance
programs.
I have also had to write up corporate personnel manuals, manuals on
purchasing procedures, and other such in-house documents.

***
Herman Holtz [holtz -at- paltech -dot- com], marketing consultant & freelance writer.
Author best-selling How to Succeed as an Independent Consultant (Wiley),
many other how-to business books for entrepreneurs, and publisher of how-to
reports for writers. (Free report with list on request.)