Re: indexing gerunds

Subject: Re: indexing gerunds
From: "Huber, Mike" <Mike -dot- Huber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 16:32:56 -0400

As far as I'm concerned, there are exactly three rules in indexing:
1) Alphabetize
2) Think about how the reader is going to use it.
3) More is Better.

So the answer is - include it if you can conceive of your reader ever
wanting to look it up that way. If you aren't sure, include it anyway.
If you are sure nobody in their right mind would ever look it up that
way, include it anyway.

Few things in print (or help file lookup tables) annoy me as much
as not finding what I need in an index.