Re: Training and TW

Subject: Re: Training and TW
From: Debbie Lemasters <Debbie -dot- Lemasters -at- MARCAM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 10:52:53 -0400

Jane,

>Our company just hired a new technical trainer. He is new to the
>Internet and has asked if I can help point him to any training
>resources (WWW pages, etc.). Does anyone have suggestions?

The webs sites I posted earlier this week usually have
extensive references to tutorials on the web and HTML:

http://www.rpi.edu/~perezc2/tc/
http://www.well.com/user/asi/
http://www.io.org/~ksoltys/techcomm.html
http://www.europa.com/~ace/resource.html
http://www.galstar.com/~ejray/techwrite/

In light of the ruckus this week on the list, look at
these URLs, too:

http://www.clari.net/brad/emily.html
http://www.fau.edu/rinaldi/netiquette.html
http://www.fau.edu/rinaldi/net.dis.html

The sites talk about netiquette. The first is a tongue-in-cheek
Dear Emily Postnews. The second is a good site I wish I'd
known about a year ago. The last is one of the pages in
the www.fau.edu site that makes specific recommendations
to new subscribers to discussion lists.

>Also, how many of you tech writers also write (or have some input to)
>your company's training materials?

Used to, don't now. I don't have time to do a longer post.

Debbie Lemasters
debbie -dot- lemasters -at- marcam -dot- com