messages

Subject: messages
From: Betsy Maaks <bmaaks -at- FRAME -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 15:49:43 CDT

>Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 12:32:21 -0400
>Sender: "Technical Writers List; for all Technical Communication issues"
>From: Chris Fada <fada_c_m -at- LUCY -dot- FINDLAY -dot- EDU>
>Subject: messages
>Comments: To: techwr-l -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu
>To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- VM1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu>

>I appologize for my irrelevant and lude "question" sent out to the forum.
>It was inappropriate and will not happen again. My comment, in no way
>reflects the views or motives of the University of Findlay or it's students
>using your forum. I have no excuses, just a sincere apology. I hope your
>integrity has not been damaged. And now to unsubscribe...

Thank you. That is very generous of you. I am rather disappointed in the 1%
of the listserver membership that responded so rudely to you and other
students to Findlay. This is an open, uncontrolled forum, not a private chat
channel. The 1% neither makes up the rules, nor expresses the thoughts of
all members of this list.

Yeah, we're an independent lot. We tend to like working alone. We seem
overly serious, but there is a humorous side :-). I hope you, and the other
students and the instructor, will not take these comments too personally,
and will let the whole thing blow by.

This suggestion goes for all listserver subscribers, too. Lighten up, guys!
How many of you were once students, raise your hands? ... yeah, I thought
so... well, you're all still a little green around the gills! ;->

Betsy Maaks
This is my opinion and not that of my employer, or necessarily others on
this listserver.