Forum 95

Subject: Forum 95
From: "Larry Kunz ((919) 254-6395)" <ldkunz -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 13:56:56 EDT

A few days ago. Brigitte Beuttenmueller's press release about
Forum 95 was posted to the list. I'd like to echo her statement
that it's a great opportunity for anyone who has a chance to go.

Referring to one of the speakers, Dr. Patricia Wright, Brigitte said:

> Earlier this year Dr. Wright received a prestigious award from
> the American Society for Technical Communication in Washington DC.

Indeed, Dr. Wright received the most prestigious STC award of all:
She was named Honorary Fellow for 1995.

Individuals selected as Honorary Fellows are not members of STC, but
have achieved eminence in the field of technical communication or
have performed a significant service for the Society. The rank is
conferred by two-thirds vote of the entire STC board of directors,
based on the recommendation of a nominating committee.

STC is proud to honor Dr. Wright and is grateful for her enormous
contributions to our profession. She's also an outstanding speaker,
and if you have a chance to hear her at Forum 95 you're in for a
real treat.

Larry Kunz
STC Assistant to the President for Professional Development
ldkunz -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com