Re: Lefties and Mice

Subject: Re: Lefties and Mice
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 11:39:31 -0700

At 11:07 AM 10/15/95 PDT, you wrote:
>There's no reason for a lefty to use the mouse with his left hand unless
>the right hand is too clumsy to be trusted with ANYTHING.

The usual division of effort is right hand for gross motor control and left
hand for fine motor control. I started using my left hand (after starting out
w/ my right) because I felt like I needed the control. The whole task of
using the mouse was new to me. I've continued w/ my left hand out of force
of habit--but I also feel like I need that control from time to time. There's a
big difference between saying that your right hand 'is too clumsy to be
trusted with ANYTHING' and saying you feel like you have more control w/
your left hand.

Karen
karen -at- netcom -dot- com