unavailable fonts (on SOME PCs)

Subject: unavailable fonts (on SOME PCs)
From: Kumar Jamdagni <Jamdagni -dot- Kumar -at- UNIFACE -dot- NL>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 14:11:46 +0100

Hi there

Has anyone experienced problems with fonts being unavailable when copying files
(templates) from Frame4 on a UNIX machine to Frame4 under Windows. The strange
thing is is that it happens on some PCs and not on others, despite the
installation being identical (we thought!). The problem arises when we try to
open a template originally created under UNIX, in Frame under Windows. Error
message:

"Document <docname> uses unavailable fonts. To reformat the document using
available fonts click OK"

In the c:/maker4/fminit/custom file we get a whole list of messages saying
"<fonname> not available, mapping to <fontname>"

I know there has been a discussion on unavailable fonts recently, but as far as
I can see it hasn't touched on this specific case.

Thanks in advance

Kumar Jamdagni
Compuware Europe BV
Education & COnsultancy Product department
Hogehilweg 12
Post box 12933
1100 AX Amsterdam
The Netherlands