Ratio of engineers to technical writers

Subject: Ratio of engineers to technical writers
From: cal callahan <calc -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 11:27:22 -0700

I'm helping put together a presentation to justify more writers for my firm
in a hurry. I suppose the info's available in a data base somewhere, but
I'm looking for quick feedback.
What I need exactly: for firms of over 2000 total employees who produce
both hardware & software, the company name & product line(s) if available &
releasable; the total number of employees; the number of hardware &
software engineers (or other scientific & engineering types), and the
number of tech pubs personnel, preferably broken down by writers,
illustrators, DTP & whatever.
I will happy to summarize this info if enough interest is expressed.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

cal

cal callahan, ext. 3383
E-mail: calc -at- qualcomm -dot- com Room: Q111P