Re: letterhead and the electronic age

Subject: Re: letterhead and the electronic age
From: "Colleen Dancer (02) 333-1862" <DANCER -dot- COLLEEN -at- A2 -dot- ABC -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 10:44:00 -0500

As a technical communicator from Australia I find it very frustating that
in most magazines and articles phone and fax numbers do not specify which
country they are from. In Australia we also have 1-800 numbers so please
when specifying a 1-800 number remember that it isn't necessarily obvious
where they come from. Most of the companies I have worked for with an
international reach put in brackets the international dialing code and
this seems to work well.

Also on the subject of email addresses please put them in advertisements
or at least a fax number. I subscribe to Interactivity which is a great
multimedia magazine for those in development however, the majority of
subscribers do not even list fax numbers, this makes it very difficult to
get information. So the next time you design a product brochure, an ad,
or a tech support manual please remember the fax number, the country code
and if possible an email address.

Thanks
A tech communicator from down under

Colleen Dancer