Re: Distance Learning

Subject: Re: Distance Learning
From: Diana Tomanek <tomanekd -at- AGCS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 09:05:21 -0700

> 1. Is your company (or college or university) currently involved in
> activities that can be grouped under the admittedly broad
category
> of distance learning? These would include methods of delivering
> education and training to customers offsite through some
technological
> medium (video, multimedia, internet, etc.)
No

> 3. If the answer to question 1 is "no," are you considering moving
into
> distance learning; and if so, what methodologies are you
considering?
I personally am taking classes thru distance learning for a Master's
Degree in educational technology leadership-- and I am trying to
advocate Internet (Netscape using HTML), Multimedia via computer on the
Server-- allowing for taking classes on individualized schedules,
working with interactivity in such things as immediate feedback with
student self-assessment, and several other formats. Our current
environment lacks audio, and audio would require headsets or other
means of providing privacy-- so I imagine it will be some time before
this happens. Static media such as workbooks, course curriculum,
administrative proceedures etc. will still be part of the scene. It is
exciting looking at tremendous possibilities.>