Using the Boss's (or Company's) resources -Reply

Subject: Using the Boss's (or Company's) resources -Reply
From: Richard Anderson <RICHARD -at- ERUDITE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 1995 23:08:54 -0600

Ah, but does using the company's resources mean that the company (i.e.
the president and sundry upper management) has rights to your personal
files and e-mail messages? We recently received an edict stating as
much.

OTOH, I can understand: you might use your business e-mail to FIND a
better job, not just learning to DO a better job. But it all feels like a
violent
and militant invasion of privacy.

Dan Fierro wrote:

I use my company's resources to print out my homework, access the
internet, phone home, etc.

Not only can I use my business e-mail to get information on how to do
a better job (after asking permission to do so), I got a modem so I could
remotely access my school account, which has better net surfing
capabilities.

This was my boss's way of encouraging me to become net-literate.