Re: List suggestions

Subject: Re: List suggestions
From: Tim Lewis <TLewis123 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 17:08:01 -0400

On Tuesday, Sept. 26, Bruce wrote:
> Who wants to have a never-ending discussing about recycling tape?

> Please. Let's look at the bigger picture here and learn how to grow
> our small businesses

As I understand it VIDPRO-L is a *discussion list that deals with the
concerns of professional in video production and opertions.* I've been
involved with corporate video (technical and producing) for nearly 17 years.
I found the discussion on recycling used tape and copyright issues to be
important. I do agree that sometimes the topic gets overworked so I just
delete those eventually. However, as a producer and an one person operation,
I deal with a lot of issues, such as what to do with unwanted videotape. Yes,
I'm the one who posted the address of ECOMEDIA who recycles tape, but that is
information that I felt that others would want to know about and it answered
the posted question.

Shaun McKinnon suggested that knowledgeable people should share their
knowledge with others. If I understand some of the recent postings, this is
what many want. And I think this is good.

When I started in this business, it was very important to me to be able to
network with peers so that's what I've done over the years, including being a
member of ITVA. Now that I have SOOooo much experience, I feel that I should
share my knowledge with people in my profession.

Tim Lewis
TLewis123 -at- aol -dot- com
Writer/Producer