Re: An Open Letter to Wild Bill(y)

Subject: Re: An Open Letter to Wild Bill(y)
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 10:19:57 -0400

Sorry, but I just can't see this guy as anything other than a Net-wise
14-year-old, heavily into BBS culture BTW, with WAY too much time on his
hands who's giggling merrily to himself as he annoys us. The only other
reasonable explanation I can think of is that he's someone who seeks to
avoid publicity because he's done something objectionable, professionally
speaking, in the past -- or pissed someone off and is trying not to draw
attention to himself.

But if the latter explanation is the correct one, it still doesn't explain
the cryptic real-names; the HaLf-CaPiTaLiZeD TeXt (puh-LEEZE! Is the Net
turning into a gigantic BBS?); Billy's calling the list a "server" (one of
the Homer Portents postings). And I can see hiding behind an anonymous
remailer for the abovementioned reasons, but why the juvenile behavior?

I suppose there's a third explanation: one of our esteemed colleagues
has...taken a little vacation from reality. Hey, can't say *I've* never
wanted to be 14 again...well, actually, no, I can't say that I have, but I
can see how the idea might appeal to some.

YMRF...
PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org