How NOT to interview editors

Subject: How NOT to interview editors
From: "Anita Z. Fite" <AJFite -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 01:47:23 -0400

Everyone,

In resonse to the recent discussion of how to interview prospective technical
editors, may I offer my 2 cents?

My recent "interview" for a tech edit

r position consisted of an editing test. Few instructions, just some copy to
fix. The personnel representative sat me in an office, gave me an hour,
then came back, collected my test, shook my hand, and led me to the door.
"Um," I thought, finding myself back on the doorstep,"don't you want to
ask me what my greatest weakness is?"
They called later, and said I'd hear about the position in a week or so.
Moral: w

hatever, you decide to do, you can improve on that.

Anita Fite
Would be-employed tech writer

"It's sad when bad things happen to good sentences."
-- the season premere of Frasier