Anonymous posting (was: bandwidth)

Subject: Anonymous posting (was: bandwidth)
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 14:55:01 LCL

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von "Nagai, Paul" an All am 22.09.95

"P> > It's also a matter of principle. On a list like this, what
"P> could possibly be
"P> > someone's motive for remaining anonymous?

"P> if I
"P> wanted to post a question asking how others on the list have
"P> handled a
"P> particularly difficult manager, SME, or co-worker (I've seen
"P> all of these
"P> posted during my time on techwrl) and I knew that these people
"P> read the list I'd want to be able to post anonymous.

You should have a well-established form of anonymous publishing in your local
newspaper: Small ads with a mailing code through the publisher.

From time to time, someone here in Germany asks me about a job opportunity
or other things within technical communication. They know that I am known like
the (in German proverbial) brightly colored dog and talk to many people all
over the country. They often prefer that to an official announcement and urge
me to be very discrete when spreading the word.

You see: We should not ban anonymous posting.

Greetings from Germany
Alexander