Re: Printed vs. Online: What mix?

Subject: Re: Printed vs. Online: What mix?
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 17:33:00 -0500

Mike Starr asks:

How do you vote?

1. Comprehensive printed/comprehensive online

2. Minimal printed/comprehensive online

3. Comprehensive printed/minimal online

Much as I (a paper aficianado) hate to admit it, I think where possible, the
main documentation should be a part of the product. That is, either 1 or 3.
It's the trend of the future because that's the way most users prefer it.
(You can't lose the on-line dox, nor do you have to find space for them on
your (all too cluttered) desk and fret that they'll wander off and lose
their way home.) It's a shame. I prefer writing paper dox.