Authoring Online Help Desk Help

Subject: Authoring Online Help Desk Help
From: "Anderson,Mark" <andersonmc -at- AGEDWARDS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 1995 17:58:39 -0500

Hey Folks-

I'm new to the list, so this is my first dive into the "techwhirler mosh
pit." I've enjoyed lurking this past week, but now it's time to pick your
brains :-).

I recently attended Dr. Conrad Gottfredson's Constructing Online Help
seminar in Dallas (an extreme "thumbs up" by the way). Dr. G mentioned in
passing something called the "Help Desk Institute." We're about to begin
authoring our first online help desk user support manual, so this sounds
like something worth checking out.

If anyone has any info on the Help Desk Institute or anything else help
desk-related that might point us in the right direction, I'd greatly
appreciate it.

MCA

Working on Sunday in St. Louis and entirely too wiped out to create as
crafty a sig as R. Dimock!!