Re: technical background

Subject: Re: technical background
From: Bonnie Nestor <mnj -at- ORNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 08:47:01 -0400

In article <9509201352 -dot- AA20104 -at- btrd -dot- bostech -dot- com>, rjl -at- bostech -dot- com wrote:

> [Elegant story of technical expertise from an unexpected quarter deleted]

> And I almost hate to confess where -I- found the information on the leading
> edge problem. It was in the instruction sheet for a plastic model kit
> of the Blue Angels A-4 Skyhawk.

> Rick Lippincott

Rick,

What a wonderful story! And it proves a point I've always believed in: You
never know what information will come in handy, so soak up all you can.
(This is, of course, my excuse for reading everything from the back of
cereal boxes to the stuff someone else leaves on top of the copier.) I
once silenced an entire dinner party of fusion scientists (one of whom was
my spouse) by knowing the frequency of the gyrotrons used for heating a
particular experiment.

Thanks for a real day-brightener.

Bonnie Nestor
mnj -at- ornl -dot- gov
DISCLAIMER: I work at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, for Lockheed Martin Energy
Systems, which is under contract to the U.S. Department of Energy -- but I
don't speak for any of them, and they return the favor.