Re: Telecommuting

Subject: Re: Telecommuting
From: powen -at- MAIL -dot- LMI -dot- ORG
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 17:12:40 EST

Tara Barber has a good point about telecommuting:

> The second factor is that our company is very careful about
> system-access; a not-unusual circumstance for software developers.
> Network and server access is tightly limited, so our ability to
> access databases, etc., from home is also limited (like "none").
> In one case we've been able to set up a sample database at home for
> one writer, but the others have to be in-house to check things out
> or take screen-shots.

This may just be a matter of waiting for the technology to catch up to user
needs. Don't you propellerheads think that, with the direction computing
and telecommunications is going (as in, faster computing/telecommuting and
smaller hardware handling more data), this problem might be resolved?

Pam Owen
Nighthawk Communications
Reston, VA
Nighthawk1 -at- aol -dot- com, or powen -at- lmi -dot- org