Re[2]: resumes and credentials

Subject: Re[2]: resumes and credentials
From: powen -at- MAIL -dot- LMI -dot- ORG
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 19:16:00 EST

Kathleen says:

> Speaking of rules and resumes, I get the impression from this bunch
> of applicants that these days almost anything goes, including
> writing about their personal lives, leaving off dates, discussing
> salary, listing non- relevant experience, etc. The resumes I've seen
> from engineers, scientists, and PhDs are even worse! What has
> happened to professionalism?

Try those from lawyers. A long time back, when I was temping in Seattle, I
was asked to read some resumes of applicants for an attorney position in a
software company in Redmond, WA (some company run by a guy named Gates . . .
can't remember its name ;~}). Anyway, I was appalled by the typos,
grammatical errors, and just bad writing I encountered. My feeling is, if
you can't write a decent resume, hire someone who can to do it for you. Of
course, with writers that seems a bit dishonest. OHOH, with lawyers . . .

I agree with Kathleen that such problems she mentions are a sign of a total
lack of professionalism - or maybe it's just the "duh" factor kicking in.

Pam Owen
Nighthawk Communications
Reston, VA
Nighthawk1 -at- aol -dot- com, or powen -at- lmi -dot- org