Re: E-mail: How does it affect our work?

Subject: Re: E-mail: How does it affect our work?
From: Gerry Gaffney <gaffneyg -at- NETSPACE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 22:25:53 GMT

I regularly work with an organisation which has one of the largest email
networks in the world.

In that environment, Email has quietly revolutionised the way that
people communicate. "Telephone tag" is a thing of the past. The
decision-making process for day-to-day operations has been speeded
enormously. Many documents are available by sending an email request
to the appropriate mail server - this means that I can have access to
the latest versions of policy and other documents.

Email is an excellent medium for keeping track of and for escalating
issues.

However, I find that an initial telephone conversation is a vital
prerequisite to opening an email correspondence with anyone with whom
I am not personally acquainted.

- Regards.

In article <950917174749_21815553 -at- emout06 -dot- mail -dot- aol -dot- com>, KJOlberg -at- aol -dot- com says: