Re. Telecommuting

Subject: Re. Telecommuting
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 12:40:38 LCL

I'd also be interested in telecommuting, but to
keep this on topic for the list, let's look at it
from the following standpoints:

1. How do you write (or edit) in a telecommuting
environment?
2. How often do you have to "drive in" to work to
touch base with colleagues?
3. How can you implement a telecommuting program
in a company (like mine) that doesn't have such a
program?
4. What are the main "gotchas" from the standpoint
of writing and editing? (As opposed to gotchas
like no watercooler gossip, missing the company
picnic, etc.)

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one
of our reports, it don't represent FERIC's
opinion.